Marketing for Self-Storage Companies
While it’s true that location is one of the contributing factors people consider when choosing a self-storage facility, it’s only one of the many deciding factors for a potential customer. Marketing for self-storage companies is key to increasing brand awareness and acquiring new leads.
If you’re beginning to think about how to market a self-storage facility, here are a few questions you might consider:
- Consumers always have options, so what makes your self-storage company different? This is your unique selling position or your key differentiator.
- It’s important that when a user sees messaging related to your self-storage facility, they recognize the tone and style. What tone of voice do you want to use for marketing your company consistently?
- What are your brand slogans or taglines?
- Who is your target audience or audiences? Does your current messaging speak directly to them? If not, consider building an ideal customer profile!
- Why do current customers choose to use your self-storage facility over others? What are, or were, customer pain points when selecting a self-storage facility?
Self-Storage Facility Marketing Foundations
If you’re just beginning your marketing journey, we’re glad you’re here! The marketing world can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to. Your marketing needs will vary depending on the size and goals of your current facility. Here are a few basics to consider starting with:
- Website – Make sure you have a website! This is where potential customers will be directed when searching for storage facilities. Your website should be user-friendly, easy to navigate, and a helpful resource. You can use many tools to check website speed, optimize your site, and help increase your domain authority. It’s essential also to consider the brand messaging on your website, as this is often the first touchpoint customers have with your brand.
- Google Business Profile – List your storage facility on Google so consumers can find you! Make sure the address and hours are accurate and up to date regularly. This will also help with your “near me” searches!
- Social Media – Social media isn’t just for life updates. You might consider making a social media account specific to your self-storage company! Depending on your target audience and goals, this might be a company LinkedIn page or an Instagram account. However, if this isn’t something you have the resources to upkeep now, put it on the back burner.
- Pay-Per-Click: PPC advertising is when you are purchasing clicks from ideal consumers. Those clicks usually lead to your website, and often a conversion happens when a customer completes a form or a similar call to action.
- Organic Search Engine Optimization: SEO strategies will help Google organically rank your website through website speed, keywords, and other contributing factors. By using specific keywords strategically within your copy and on the back end of your site, your website traffic will grow over time. While there are absolutely some basic SEO optimization tactics you can do on your own, SEO can become quite complicated. This is where your remote management team can support you.
Consider Hiring a Remote Self-Storage Facility Management Company
If you want to go above and beyond the basics of marketing but don’t quite have the capacity in-house, consider hiring a remote self-storage facility management company. Not only will they handle all management, facility maintenance, and customer service, but they will also tackle marketing. This includes managing your existing website or assisting you in creating a new one, as well as pay-per-click and SEO strategies.
When you’re ready to take your marketing to the next level, invest in a remote management team to do the heavy lifting for you!